Friday, October 16, 2009

Awesome God

As most of our followers know, I am currently in school working on my AA in photography.  Photography has always been a hobby for me and I'm very good at it.  A year ago my amazing hubby bought me a nice pretty Digital SLR.   A Nikon D60 to be exact. Since then it has been a dream of both of us to have Schmahl Photography more than just a dream.

It's a slow process, but i'm waiting.  Not very patiently though.  God is telling me to be though.  He is bringing it all together, but in his own time.  I am very active as a main photogrpaher for our church which is brining me lots of potential business.  In fact, recently they brought in a professional company to do a church directory.  They took photos of each family.  Of course, they tried to sell the photos and several families were unhappy with their work so I have been asked.

It's God's work. I know that God has given me the gift of photography and I want to use it to praise him.  My favorite shots are my nature shots becasue I love capturing the world HE created.


I am currently reading a series of historical fiction books called "The House of Winslow" by Gilbert Morris and the current book is about a girl who is a photographer for the New York Journal in 1901.  She wants to use her gift of photography to show Gods work and God is telling her to document the immigrants coming in from Ellis Island at that time.  I feel that God is speaking to me in this book.  I feel that he is telling me that he wants me to use my gift for a purpose such as this.  I know it's not to photograph immigrants, but I know it's something great.


                                                   

No comments: